Purity Life Health Products (Purity Life) Exposure Mitigation Protocols (Protocols) are designed to mitigate employees and visitors from potential COVID-19 exposure by means of identification, evaluation, and control of pathogen transmission factors in the workplace. These Protocols are intended to establish procedures to address known or suspected pathogen transmission pathways and for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
The following is a list of locations identified as potential exposure points for each of the listed groups:
- Direct Employee/Public Visitors contact
- Common area touchpoints/seating
- Workspace surfaces
- Break areas (microwaves, fridges)
- Employee-only area touchpoints (Coffee machines, photocopiers, door handles etc.)
6.1 – Measures to Reduce Employee Exposure
- Pre-emptive – Employees capable of carrying out work duties from home will be directed to do so until return to the office schedules are released.
- Self Screening – Our employees will be informed that they should not report to work if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have experienced symptoms in the 48 hours prior to start of shift. Any symptoms should be communicated to their respective supervisor.
- Pre-Work Screening – Upon reporting to work, employees’ body temperatures will be measured with a touchless thermometer, ear thermometer and/or face recognition kiosk and assessed. Employees with body temperatures greater than 37.4 Celsius or who have flu-like symptoms (e.g. cough body aches) will not perform on-site work duties and will be directed to return to their homes and call Maple. Any symptoms would be communicated to their respective supervisor.
- Social Distancing
- Desks and workstations will be separated by 6 feet (2 meters) or more or
separated by a barrier.
- Employees will be required to adhere to local guidelines for social distancing
which are generally 6 feet (2 meters) of distance between individuals.
- Signage will be posted reminding employees of Public health hygiene and safety
- In the event, that employees are not able to adhere to the social distancing
measures, they will utilize the items within their personal PPE kit as
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Use – All office employees have been provided
with PPE kits for personal use as needed. All warehouse employees were also given personal masks and hand sanitizer for personal use. We encourage our employees and visitors to utilize these precautionary measures. (Items in PPE kit include: Disposable and reusable mask kits, disposable and multi use gloves, face shields, hand sanitizers, all purpose cleaner and cloths)
- Personal Hygiene – Our employees will be allowed and encouraged to take frequent breaks for handwashing or disinfecting of hands with a sanitizer. Hand washing must be performed with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds, as recommended by Canadian public health officials.
- Enhanced Sanitizing and Disinfecting
- The following areas will be disinfected regularly and upon indication of additional need:
- Employee-only areas
- Touchpoints, including the following, will be disinfected frequently upon indication of additional need
- Shared communications equipment including: phone, microwaves, etc.
- Light switches
- Doorknobs/door handles
- Copy machines/multi-function machines
- COVID-19 Case Notification – In the event one of our employees test positive for COVID-19, we will notify the appropriate public health authorities and conduct contact tracing (identify all other employees that have been in contact with the infected employee within the last 48hrs and ask that they go get tested at a COVID-19 testing center and quarantine while awaiting results). All necessary steps to deep clean and sanitize the affected workspace while be performed. Positive infected employees will have to quarantine for fourteen (14) working days from the testing date.
6.2 – Communication and Signage
- At all entrances, employees will be asked to refrain from entering the property, if they, or anyone they have been in contact with, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have experienced symptoms in the 48 hours prior.
- Measures (signage or staff) will be deployed to encourage the use of hand sanitizer
- Employees will be instructed to adhere to local guidelines for social distancing which are generally 6 feet (2 meters) of distance between individuals, including at the following locations:
- Coffee stations
- Directional floor decals and arrows will be used to promote better traffic flow
- Directional entrance door signage will be used to separate office and
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available throughout the building in high
touch areas (e.g. coffee machine, copiers, entrance/exits)
6.3 – Facility Cleaning/Sanitation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – All external janitorial staff will be required to wear facial masks (coverings) and gloves when cleaning onsite as recommended by the CDC
- CDC Recommended Disinfectants
- Disinfectant and disinfectant materials, as recommended by the CDC, and
related supplies will be made available to all warehouse cleaning employees for
assigned to sanitation tasks following each shift.
- Disinfectant will be selected from the EPA list of chemicals designated as
effective against COVID virus and used in accordance with or exceeding CDC sanitation guidelines
- Purity Life will use All-in-one Disinfectant Cleaner – Germosolve is an all purpose cleaner and disinfectant that is effective against odour-causing bacteria. Kills Rhinovirus, Norovirus, Canine Parvovirus and H1N1 Influenza A Virus ins 5 minutes and/or equivalent Health Canada approved cleaners with Drug Identification number (DIN).
- Germosolve is used for hospitals, nursing homes, laundromats, campsites, pet areas, hotels, motels, lodging establishments, manufacturing facilities, factories, offices, office buildings, and wherever sanitizing and disinfecting is important. It is an all purpose cleaner and a disinfectant that leave a pleasant smell. Germosolve is a ready to use cleaner that kills Rhinovirus, Norovirus, Canine Parvovirus, Swine Flu, etc.
- How to use:
- For general cleaning, spray soiled area then wipe with a dry paper towel or lint-
- For disinfecting, remove gross filth or heavy soil prior to application of Germosolve. Spray area until it is covered with the product. Allow surface to remain visibly wet for 5 minutes. No scrubbing necessary. Allow treated surfaces to air dry or wipe off.
- When using on food contact surfaces as counter tops, stovetops, highchairs, kitchen appliances, thoroughly rinse all treated surfaces with potable (tap) water. This product must not be used to clean utensils, glassware and dishes.
- Enhanced Sanitizing and Disinfecting
- Purity Life employees are asked to disinfect regularly after each use and
throughout the day and upon indication of additional need:
- Coffee stations
- High Touchpoints Areas – interior high touchpoints areas, including the following will be disinfected frequently and upon indication of additional need, using EPA-approved sanitation chemicals and in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- Chairs, counters and desks
- Door handles/doorknobs
- Stair railings
- Trash bins
- Other touchpoints, as needed
- Enhanced Overnight Sanitizing and Disinfecting – Deeping cleaning by external cleaners during non-peak hours meeting or exceeding CDC guidelines and recommendations
- HVAC Systems – Air quality testing has been completed showing that the indoor air quality is better than outside air quality. Filters have and will be cleaned and/or replaced on a regular basis
- Reduced Productivity Hours – Productivity hours have been reduced to allow for enhanced workspace cleaning and sanitizing prior to every shift (e.g. before each warehouse shift)
6.4 – Internal Contact Tracing
- Purity Life will conduct internal contact tracing if an employee tests positive for COVID-19. All employees who were in direct contact with a positive infected employee will be asked to go get tested and self quarantine for 14 days. Direct contact is defined as a 15 minute conversation with the infected employee without wearing a protective mask and less than 6 feet apart.
7.0 – Direction for Parents with Children in School / Daycare
The following recommendations have been adapted from Ontario Ministry of Health. This guidance is subject to change as new information becomes available. Please note that guidance may be different based on the province you live in and when in doubt contact your local public health authority.
In the event that a Purity Life employee has to stay at home with a child, as per the guidance below, then we would ask those that have the ability to work from home to do so while their child recovers from their illness /or completes their self-isolation requirement or tests negative for Covid-19. For those employees who do not have the ability to work from home you will have 10 Covid Sick days to draw from. In the event that you have used up your 10 Covid sick days then you will then have to apply for one of the government support programs that are now available.
My child has woken up not feeling well, what do I do?
If you notice that your child has new or worsening symptoms, what you do depends on the symptom and how usual they are for your child.
If your child has new or worsening:
- Fever / chills
- Shortness of breath
- Decreased or loss of smell or taste
Your child should isolate immediately, and you should contact Maple Virtual Care for further advice. The Maple Virtual Care Doctor can help you determine whether the symptoms are related to another non-COVID-19 condition, or if they should get tested for COVID-19.
If your child has ONE new or worsening symptom (that is not related to a known cause or condition) that include:
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose/runny nose
- Fatigue/lethargy/muscle aches/malaise
Your child should stay home for 24 hours to be monitored to see whether the symptoms get better or worse. If they start to feel better and symptoms are improving, they can return to school/child care when well enough to do so and no COVID-19 testing is needed.
If the symptoms get worse, you should contact Maple Virtual Care for further advice. The Maple Virtual Care Doctor can help you determine whether the symptoms are related to another non-COVID-19 condition, or if they should get tested for COVID-19.
If your child has TWO or MORE new or worsening symptoms (that are not related to a known cause or condition) that include:
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose/runny nose
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Fatigue/lethargy/muscle aches or malaise
Your child should isolate immediately, and you should contact Maple Virtual Care Doctor for further advice. The Maple Virtual Care Doctor can help you determine whether the symptoms are related to another non- COVID-19 condition, or if they should get tested for COVID-19.
My child has a runny nose, what should I do?
If your child’s only symptom is a runny nose, you should keep your child home and monitor their symptoms as you would in any other year. When they feel better, they are ready to go back to school/child care and no COVID-19 testing is needed. If they get worse or develop other symptoms, you should contact a Maple Virtual Care Doctor for more advice. Mild symptoms known to persist in young children (e.g., runny nose) may be ongoing at time of return to school/child care if other symptoms have been resolved.
Who in my family needs to be tested along with my child?
If your child has been identified as needing a test and everyone else in the family is well, no testing of other family members is needed. If your child tests positive for COVID-19, the local public health unit will contact you/your child and make a plan for additional testing of all close contacts. If you child test positive you will not be able to return to work until you have a negative test and provide a copy of the results.
What Should I Do If I Need More Information
If you need additional information about COVID-19 or have a question specific to your child and their health, please contact Maple Virtual Care Doctor or your local public health authority.
We will be continually reviewing and evaluating our exposure control Protocols and updating as necessary and needed.